Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kid's toys: Magnetix


Isn't it fabulous to find a toy that occupies your child for a long period of time? When those toys are also good for creativity and do NOT plug in or require batteries it is just layers of icing on an already incredible cake! A friend of mine recently brought some of these magnetic building toys to my kids to keep them busy while I was recovering from the flu. I was delighted that all five of my kids from age 1 to age 10 were kept creatively busy with them for at least an hour. They have returned to them at least once a day for over week since. I must admit I am impressed. These "Magnetix" as they are called, come in all sorts of sets and shapes and sizes widely varying in cost. What building toy has your child liked?

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to add, the ones pictured were not the ones my friend brought. These appear to have small pieces. The set I allowed my 12month old to play with did NOT have small parts but were all geometric shapes... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Amanda,
    The name of the product is Magformers and can be purchased through QVC and specialty catalogs. They are not found in stores very often. Shopko and Farm and Fleet carry them at Christmas. I love them because they don't have any small parts for children to swallow. The magnets are contained inside the geo shapes.
    They also have many add on kits w/ other shapes and sizes. I find adults love them as much as children do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes QVC is a 'lifesaver'! Yay!

    ReplyDelete