Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

health and beauty: sunless tanners

LOVE the IDEA, not so impressed with the results... I recently purchased a tube of L'Oreal sunless tanning cream/lotion. I was hoping to get a little pigment to my freakishly pale self and therefore have a little more confidence in wearing shorts this year. I usually wear long pants or capris and skirts in the summer but I wanted to be daring this year. I followed the directions exactly. First off I was disappointed in the mass amounts of glitter in the lotion. It did not advertise that there would be glitter in it. I had no desire to be "glittery" so that was a negative. It did dry quickly which was a plus, but the next day to my dismay I realized how patchy it was. I had orange splotches all over me. I chalked it up to user error and decided to try again and even myself out. That time it worked half-decently, but I did realize that it was an obviously unnatural tan because normall you are less dark on the undersides of your arms, etc and I was uniformly orange. It did blend well on my face. Then in washed/faded off in a few days. When I reapplied it was even worse than the first time. I tried to even it out again but it still made weird orange speckled designs on various parts of my limbs. I cannot believe I paid for that. LOL Lesson learned. The "safe" tan is a novel idea - but its execution is lacking IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment