Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Kitchen: Double-Oven


I get asked a lot if I like owning my Maytag Gemini double-oven. I always say that I do. It's true. I enjoy the ability to cook so many things at once and at different temperatures. The only downsides I could mention are that the bottom oven is so low to the floor that I always have to squat to put things in or out and I imagine that would be very challenging for an elderly person or someone with an injury or chronic pain. Also, the bottom door tends to open very rapidly and often slams on the feet of anyone standing in front of it. I have to watch my littlest ones that they don't pull on the oven door at all while they are in the kitchen as it will open right up on them and it is a little more of a "lure" since the handle is more at their line of sight. If I could improve this product at all it would be to make that bottom door a little more slow opening. Overall I really enjoy my oven and would buy it again if given the chance though. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment